Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am grateful for so very many things in my life and it's not just at Thanksgiving that I am amazed at how wonderful of world I live it but it does make me think longer about it.  Here is a small sampling of what I am thankful for:

My kids - they make me laugh, they make me cry and they overflow my life with love
My husband - we still slow dance in the kitchen after 17 years together, I think that says it all.  He lights up my life.
My parents/brother - these are my roots, they bring me back to earth whenever I start to drift.  They remind me of the important stuff and still let me enjoy the frivolous stuff I love without feeling guilty.
My friends - I have awesome friends!  They are supportive in whatever wackiness I dream up.  We each have stresses in our lives and problems but whenever I spend time with any of them we find ways to laugh and I always leave feeling uplifted.  For this I am very thankful.
My legs - they have taken me so many places and ran so many miles.  I have asked a lot of them and they have taken me places that my heart was hesitant and heavy to go to but I needed to be there.  They have also walked me through labour and walked my babies round and round the room.  
My hands-my hands hold those I love when they are happy, sad and everything inbetween.  
My health - I am so lucky that while my body is not perfect it gets me through each day with minimal objection.
My heart -  that is it big enough and strong enough to endure both the ups and down of my life and seems to always have room to expand and hold more love.

It's an amazing life and I look forward to all the adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment