Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July Re-Start

I hardly ran in June and I missed it.  

So I am going to try and start a new streak.  Not sure if I will succeed, we are going on vacation and running in the heat is my nemesis.  I am actually a complete fair weather runner.  I like the temp to be in my sweet spot or I head to the treadmill.  To be honest I prefer the treadmill.  But when deprived of my treadmill I like temps from -5 to +20 anything outside of that you are going to be hard pressed to get me to run.  The temps for our vacation are predicted to be up to +33 right now.  That means early morning runs!  There is going to be a whole lot of suck it up to get these runs in!  That is okay, I did runs at 10pm for the last streak, pretty sure I can figure this one out as well.  

July is also my healthy body re-start.  Another reason I love my treadmill so much is that I am very self-conscious about how I look when I run.  I was teased A LOT as a kid about looking like a duck when I run and it took me years before I ran again at all.  While I felt good about my body running outside was not an issue but now that I am not feeling so good about the jiggles in my stride it is a bit intimidating to get outside and run.  I figure no one really wants to see that coming down the path toward them or worse away from them!!  So it's time to get back to a place where I even want to run outside.  That means losing some weight and running lots inside so feel fitter.  Bring it on July!

No comments:

Post a Comment