Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Blog

As 2011 wound down and I my weight was pretty well exactly where it had started at I realized that my blog name was all wrong.  My life contains so much more than weight loss so why have a blog dedicated to that very small portion of my life?  2011 may have been a stalemate as far as weight loss is concerned but it was fabulous in so many other ways!  Life happened and it was good.  So this is the new blog and it's about everything.  It's about life.  Life with two short ones who light it up, life with a husband who tells me he loves me every single day, life with a loving supportive extended family and life with the best friends a girl could ask for.  I'm not promising it will always be funny or introspective or family friendly, I am promising that it will be Jennuine.  Just me and some words and pictures.


For kicks here are my New Year's Resolutions:


In 2012 I WILL:
1: PB at the 10k distance
2: Run in shorts
3: Finish my photography diploma
4: Lose 40lbs
5: Buy dresses and dress like a girl


Things that I promise to continue to do:
I promise to keep living in the moment with my little family.  The short ones change so fast and are so much fun, I want to soak it all up.
I promise to be the best wife I can be.  I am very lucky and will continue to remember that.
I promise to continue to be a good friend. I'm not perfect, I'm not even in the realm but I do love my girls and want to continue to be a part of their lives.


A few highlights from 2011:
A post-Celiac PB in the Half Marathon (Vancouver) and in the 10K (Calgary).  They were hard work and the feeling was amazing.  So lucky to have been able to celebrate those days with great friends.
G graduated from pre-school and started Kindergarten!  He is in french immersion and the change in his language skills has been amazing.
A moved from being a baby to a toddler.  A very verbal toddler!  
Another trip to San Fran and a course PB.  Fabulous trip with some fabulous friends.
I made new friends and stayed connected with some old friends.
M and I continued to grow together.


2011 was a good year but 2012 will be even better!


Welcome to the new blog!  Even the kids are reading along ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment