Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Photographer's Block

We've all heard of writer's block but I think I'm experiencing Photographer's block.  I have not taken a single picture with my real camera since New Year's Eve.  What the hell?  This is not like me.  I think part of the problem is that I'm constantly thinking about my next photo assignment instead of taking pictures for the joy of it.  I'm so consumed by getting the perfect shot for the assignment that I'm letting the everyday shots slip away.  I've put too much pressure on myself to make every shot brilliant and really I'm not brilliant yet I need to practice, practice, practice!
So here is the new streak I'm going to start.  I'm going to take at least one picture a day for the rest of the year.  It doesn't have to be perfectly composed, the right exposure or even emotionally stimulating.  Just put the camera in my hands and look around and capture the fabulous life I'm living!  Iphone and Point & Shoot Photos do not count.  These have to be taken with my big camera.  The world is an amazing place, time for me to start seeing that again!  



1 comment:

  1. Great streaking challenge. I know you will have success with this one as well.

    ReplyDelete