Sunday, May 27, 2012

DNS

That was me this morning.  I did not run my 10k race.  Picked up my race number and an hour later started to feel off.  Off quickly turned into full blown nastiness.  Sensitive skin, sore throat, achy body.  Still I was optimistic that it wouldn't last long.  Fool.  By last night the best decision was to give my bib away so I wouldn't do something totally stupid.  This morning I stayed in bed until 11:00 and thanks to the miracle that is Tylenol I feel halfway human.  I still get to put a couple notches on the stupid stick though since I have ran 2k each day just to keep my streak alive.  
Extra bonus is that the person that I gave my bib too ran a 1:05 which was my dream goal.  It's like she was channelling me :)  So thanks Kel for setting that goal in cement for me!!  Now I have to hit that time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment