Thursday, May 24, 2012

Modifying Goals

2nd 10k of the season is coming up on Sunday.  And while I am not concerned about the endurance I am concerned about the speed.  It's time to modify my goals.  There is not a snowballs chance in hell that I am breaking an hour on Sunday (which is what I wanted to do back in January) and I am okay with that.  I knew it was a huge long shot then and I am not disappointed at all.  Having that goal still got me out doing longer runs and doing speedwork so it was a great motivator.  At the beginning of the month my 10k was 1:11:xx so my first goal is to beat that, my second goal is to beat my time from last year (1:09:xx) and my big if things go perfectly and I have a tailwind for 10k goal is 1:05:xx.  So two realistic goals and one nutbar goal.  That is how I roll :)


1 comment:

  1. setting realistic and attainable goals? you are CRAZY!!!

    :-)

    Good luck on Sun - we'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete