Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lesson's Learned

First 10k of the year was this morning and it was rough.  My legs felt like they were full of cement and my ass had a piano tied to it.  I didn't even turn my watch on so have a general idea of time but that is it.  There were lots of walk breaks and the km between 4-5k was the longest km ever!


BUT


The snowflakes were drifting around me in a freakish spring snow storm.  It was beautiful.  I kept on running just in shorter amounts and really it was a good morning!


Now to rethink how to approach the end of May 10k.


Things to work on:
Nutrition-I have not been eating well and it shows.  
Definitely do not eat sushi the day before!  It was so yummy but soya sauce blows me up like a balloon.
Endurance, I can run the distance no problem but not at the pace I want to.  I need to work on running faster more consistently.  


At the end of the day it was a good race with a good friend and that is why I do this running thing.  It's really about the friendships not the numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment